Library Closed - Staff Development Day
The Library will be closed on Thursday, December 14th for Staff Development Day.
Book discussion will commence at 4pm on the lower level, the main floor will remain closed to the public.
December Board Meeting - Rescheduled to 12/18
The Board of Trustees monthly meeting will be held on Monday, December 18, 2023 at 6:00pm in the Library's Meeting Room.
Disposal of Surplus Library Materials
Library property (i.e., print and non-print materials, equipment, supplies, and/or any personal property) which in the judgment of the library director is no longer necessary or useful for library purposes, may be disposed of in the following manner:
- Books and non-print materials from the library’s collection or gift materials may be sold, given away or discarded. For example: may be sold through a sealed bid process, or upon the approval of the library Board of Trustees, be given to local philanthropic, educational, cultural, government, or other not-for-profit organizations.
- Any other personal property having an individual current value of less than $100 may, at the discretion of the library director, be sold, traded in [on new equipment] or discarded, or made available for sale to the public through a sealed bid process.
- In the case of individual surplus items having current value of more than $100 but less than $1,000, the Board may authorize a trade-in of such items on new equipment or sale of such items to the public through a sealed bid process.
- No favoritism shall be shown to members of the library staff, the Board of Trustees or members of their immediate families who make bids on or purchase any library item declared surplus.
- Any personal property having a unit value of more than $1,000 but less than $2,500 will be displayed at the library for a time period not to exceed seven (7) days, and a public notice of its availability, the date, and terms of the proposed sale shall be posted.